The Department of Radiation Oncology was established in the year 2019 under Oncology Department.
To provide comprehensive cancer care with the best of technology aided by the most modern facilities in the treatment of cancer and transform it into a centre of excellence in treatment, teaching & research in oncology.
- To strive to provide outstanding clinical care, which is equitable, comprehensive, affordable, delivered efficiently and compassionately.
- To advance educational & research activities enhancing the quality of cancer care.
- Early detection of cancer creating awareness among public
We have 2 MD (Radiation Oncology) PGs.
- Outpatient Radiation therapy
- Inpatient care for Radiation therapy
- Brachytherapy services
- TBI for Bone marrow transplant team
- Modern facility
- High energy LINAC with dynamic micro mLC
- Ir192 HDR Brachytherapy
- SPECT/ Gamma Camera
- Special Procedures
- Image guided Radiation(IGRT}
- Total Body Radiation
- Electron therapy for Skin cancer
- Template Brachytherapy
- Blood Product Irradiation
- Colposcopy for Prevention & Early detection of Cervical cancer
- Comprehensive Facilities Available
- Advanced Radiation Therapy
- Brachytherapy with High Dose rate Iridium-192
- PET- CT for Simulation
- Image guided radiation therapy
- 4D Respiratory Gating for cardiac sparing
- Adaptive planning
- Chemotherapy (including Day Care)
- Iodine Therapy for Thyroid Cancer
PARTNERSHIP AND COLLABORATIONS
- Research activities on Radiation oncology projects initiated by Yenepoya Research Centre
- AI &ML research activities on student projects
- 3D printed brachytherapy applicator design testing
Faculty, PGs and JRs take active part during the Cancer awareness and screening camps for public conducted by the Oncology department.